You can download the full report here and here are some of the key findings...
- Half of mobile web users are willing to wait only 10 seconds or less for a webpage to load on their phone before giving up. Only one in five are willing to wait more than 20 seconds.
- 60% of mobile web users have had a problem in the past year when accessing a website on their phone and slow load time was the number one issue - experienced by almost three-quarters of those who had a problem.
- Almost three quarters (73%) of mobile web users expect to complete a simple transaction like checking their bank balance in a minute or less before giving up and exiting the site.
- The majority of mobile phone users expect websites to load as quickly, almost as quickly or faster on their mobile phone, compared to the computer they use at home.
- More than 80% of mobile web users would access websites more often from their phone if the experience was as fast and reliable as it is at home.
- More than half of mobile web users are unlikely to return to a website that they had trouble accessing from their phone and more than two-thirds are unlikely to recommend the site. Two out of five would visit another company’s site that provides a similar service or content.